Fall Show Recommendations

Fall Show Recommendations
  1. Over the Garden Wall
    • Where to watch: Hulu
    • Episodes: 10 episodes (110 total minutes)
    • IMDb Review: 8.8/10
    • Explanation: Over the Garden Wall is a lighthearted short-form series that follows brothers Wirt and Greg on their adventure through a mysterious forest called the Unknown. The story takes unexpected turns keeping you on your toes for all 10 episodes, all while having an air of innocence. This show is perfect for fall with its fall colors and themes throughout the episodes. 
  2. Gilmore Girls 
    • Where to watch: Netflix
    • Episodes: 153 episodes 
    • IMDb Review: 8.2/10
    • Explanation: Ask anyone about the definitive fall show, the one they will rewatch every year, the one that gets them in the mood for orange leaves and sweaters, chances are they will say Gilmore Girls. You needn’t go further than the show’s intro to see why this sleepy New England town sitcom exudes fall in every aspect of it. Everything from the outfits characters are wearing to the music playing in the background of Gilmore Girls is nothing short of the definition of fall. If you have yet to watch it, we’d recommend it for your fall viewing pleasure this year. 
  3. Wizards of Waverly Place 
    • Where to watch: Disney Plus
    • Episodes:106  episodes 
    • IMDb Review: 6.9/10
    • Explanation: The superhit Disney channel show starring Selena Gomez has immaculate fall vibes. Taking place in the mid-2000s in New York City, this show follows a family of wizards in the real world in their day-to-day lives. From the warmer overtones of the set pieces and settings to the outfits that queen Selena wears in the show, they all feed into our fall fantasies.  
  4. Only Murders in the Building→ 
    • Where to watch: Hulu
    • Episodes: 30 episodes
    • IMDb Review: 8.1/10
    • Explanation: You’ve probably heard of this comedic take on the behind-the-scenes of a true crime podcast featuring Selena Gomez, and that would be because it’s amazing. This show captures the feeling of a rainy day in fall, where all you want to do is stay inside. If it happened to be in a rather expensive large apartment building in New York, I don’t think anyone would mind. 
  5. Anne with an E (Written by Elina Perera)
    • Where to watch: Netflix
    • Episodes: 27 episodes 
    • IMDb Review: 8.6/10
    • Explanation: Anne With an E is an adaptation of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables. Set in the 1800s, this cozy and heartwarming story of resilience and determination is the perfect welcome into the fall season. As Anne Shirley-Cuthbert grows to love Green Gables, viewers will also fall for the wit and kindness of the show’s cast of characters, including Amybeth McNulty (Anne Shirley) and Geraldine Thomas (Marilla Cuthbert). This show will surely bring you the comfort you need on a chilly fall day.
  6. Vampire Diaries 
    • Where to watch: Peacock, Amazon Prime Video, Max
    • Episodes : 171 episodes 
    • IMDb Review: 7.7/10
    • Explanation: Set in the fictional Virginia town of Mystic Falls, The Vampire Diaries follows two brothers, Stefan and Damon Salvatore, and their battle to win the affection of teenagers Elena Gilbert. With the warmer set pieces and the theme of vampires and supernatural beings, this show is recommended for some fall evening binge-watching sessions.
  7. I Am Not Okay With This
    • Where to watch: Netflix
    • Episodes: 7 episodes  
    • IMDb Review: 7.5/10
    • Explanation: Based on Charles Forsman’s graphic novel, I Am Not Okay With This following teen Sydney as she struggles with high school, family issues, her sexuality, and superpowers?!? This show is a perfect supernatural teen drama to watch this fall. With only seven episodes, it’s a good short-form show for your fall viewing pleasure.