Senior Spotlight: Kaitlyn Allen

Senior Spotlight: Kaitlyn Allen

Enloe’s school community just wouldn’t be the same if it weren’t for Kaitlyn Allen. As Eagle Club president, student council executive member, and Enloe softball player, it’s safe to say that our school would have a completely different atmosphere if it didn’t have Kaitlyn’s influence. Whether it be starting cheers in the student section during a game or working behind the scenes to make sure her classmates have a memorable Powderpuff experience, this Enloe senior is the epitome of school spirit. However, her remarkable character extends beyond school hours. After facing Bertie Drive’s infamous 2:20 traffic, Kaitlyn clocks into her job as a YMCA counselor at Hunter Elementary. On top of her involvement in her community, Kaitlyn Allen has an infectious laugh and could make even the shyest person warm up to her with her kindness. 

Before this year, most students couldn’t tell you what Eagle Club was. Enloe sports games, concerts, and meets have undoubtedly seen more camaraderie and enthusiasm since Kaitlyn has stepped into her role as president. “Chorus concert tonight and they’re gonna buss down. Orchestra on Thursday: buss down. Basketball game tomorrow: buss down.” Her leadership in Eagle Club is part of Kaitlyn’s larger position as a member of Enloe’s executive council. This branch of student council is best known for organizing the school’s annual Charity Ball which is taking place on Kaitlyn’s 18th birthday next Saturday. “Finding little things to do to make sure people are being happy,” is her favorite task that comes with being Eagle Club President.

When she isn’t cheering on our teams from the bleachers, she plays on the field herself. Like many current seniors, Kaitlyn didn’t go to in-person classes until sophomore year. Playing on the softball team was her saving grace when it came to making friends and connections at her (then) new school. “The people on the softball team are like my besties because they’re the first people I met at Enloe,” she says. “They’re my girls.” 

Our ECP clocks into her job as an after-school YMCA counselor at Hunter Elementary on weekdays, which she calls a “little segue moment” in her plan to become a high school teacher. She credits the great educators she has had over the years for inspiring her. “Relationships I have with teachers are some of the best,” says Kaitlyn. “I feel like I do the best in classes where the teacher is cool.” However, the teachers aren’t the only people she credits with creating Enloe’s great atmosphere. “There’s something for everyone, like the clubs. I really like the way students express themselves outside of math and science.”

Wherever Kaitlyn ends up in the years to come, the Eagle’s Eye wishes her the best of luck. Witnessing Kaitlyn’s unmatched enthusiasm and hearing her spirited laugh gives everyone around her a breath of fresh air despite whatever is weighing on them. Enloe High School is a better place with our beloved Eagle Club President in it and her impact will shape our definition of “school spirit” for years to come. 

View Comments (2)
Jonah Yinger
Jonah Yinger, Arts and Entertainment and Satire Editor
(He/him) This is Jonah's third year writing for the Eagle's Eye and his second on the editing team. Aside from writing and editing bomb articles, Jonah feels the most in his element while on long and arduous hikes and collecting postcards for his bedroom walls.