Introducing: Aeiress Stancil

Introducing: Aeiress Stancil

Aeiress Stancil is an icon, an Enloe famous name and a legend. You can find her on the news every morning, the football field during halftime and in the hearts of all of Enloe high. A dedicated Arts and Entertainment editor and Vice president of the BSU Aeiress is vital to making our school the place it is. So let’s take some time to pay it back with a recap of her greatest accomplishments at Enloe!

The most public of her involvements at Enloe is of course the Loe Down. She’s worked hard her entire High School career to be involved in producing the Loe Down and is undeniably vital to the production. Mr. Hedgpeth, the advisor of the Loe Down, describes her as vital to the production process. She’s undeniably important to making sure things are consistent and running smoothly. He says:  “Aeiress is an important part of the Loe Down team, she brings a lot of enthusiasm and enjoyment”. The Loe Down is especially close to her heart because of her ambitions to be a meteorologist when she gets older, in fact she leads the Loe Down as a director of weather, although right now her favorite position is anchor. 

When she’s not broadcasting in front of Enloe she’s performing for them, as a captain of varsity cheer she leads the squad in show stopping performances at Football and Basketball games. Aeiress’ dedication to cheer is evident, you can spot her among the varsity cheerleaders the entire season working hard. A true athlete and performer, cheer’s community is lucky to have her. Fellow cheer captain Ashleigh Jones says: “she would make the team laugh and always had a smile!”

Finally we get to the BSU, where she serves as the vice president. She works to support the Black population of Enloe, and provide safe spaces at our school. Aeiress was key in organizing the BSU showcase this spring that highlighted Black performers and artists. Her dedication to the organization will never be forgotten!

From Vivian:

Dear Spongebob to my Patrick, 

I’ve known Aeiress for seven years and enjoyed every moment, particularly our last two high school years. I don’t remember the specific moment when we became best friends. It happened naturally as if our energies couldn’t stay away from each other. I can’t lie; I’ve been putting off this part of the senior spotlight because I have to think about all the days we spent laughing in the newspaper coming to a close. Aeiress is one of the most ambitious people I know. Anything she does, she’ll go after it, and I know because of that, she’ll be successful in the future at Spelman, and far beyond that. Aeiress is also one of the most kind-hearted individuals I know, which I note as her passenger princess. I remember one day when I was struggling and I didn’t have a ride home, and Aeiress decided that she would. It sucks to know that I won’t be close to my best friend next year, but I know that she is going to continue dominating whatever space she is in. I would include my favorite memory of Aeiress, but there are too many; each day is a new favorite memory. It would be positively impossible to encompass the greatness that is Aeiress Stancil. It’s simply too hard. All I can say is that Aeiress is going to succeed wherever she ends up in life. This isn’t the end but the start to a new beginning. Before I close off I would just start by saying thank you for everything, for buying me food, driving me places, and being my best-friend. GOOD LUCK AEIRESS!! Even though we know you don’t need it.

Sincerely, the peanut butter to your jelly

And that’s Aeiress Stancil, the icon, the myth and the legend. Honestly, nothing we could write can come close to summing up the pure joy, determination and intelligence of Aeiress. Her contributions to Enloe and the paper will last forever, and in the next chapter we know she’ll accomplish the most wonderful things.