The Student News Site of Enloe Magnet High School

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Newspaper Staff App Recs

Newspaper Staff App Recs

We’re all addicted to our phones and I’m sure you won’t be surprised that the Eagle’s Eye is no different! Whether you want something for cleaning your camera roll or a silly little game to distract you from your AP classes, The Eagle’s Eye has your back with some app-etizing recommendations. 

Kelley Calvillo: Swipe Wipe

“As someone who had 32,000 pics in her cam roll this app is a LIFESAVER” ~Kelley

As one of our opinion editors, Kelley Calvillo stressed her extremely positive opinion on Swipe Wipe. Swipe Wipe is an app that helps users clean and organize their extensive camera rolls. It works by showing photos from your camera roll and provides  “delete” and  “save” buttons, which make getting rid of those 9 duplicate photos quick and easy!

Elise Kohli: Demo

“It’s like a musical writing tool without the guitar” ~Elise

One of our first-year staff writers, Elise, recommends Demo, a great songwriting helper. Although some features are locked behind a subscription, the free version of the app still offers basic, simple chords that can still be useful in writing a song or just getting you into a songwriting mood. Elise believes that Demo can be a way to start making music if you’re scared or don’t want to invest in an instrument. Through this app was how Elise learned chord progressions and music theory.

Praghna Hemadri: Lapse

“It’s just BeReal 2.0” ~Wyatt Gessner, Our Editor-in-Chief

Praghna, one of our Executive Editors, recommends Lapse, a photo-taking app that “develops” normal pictures into photos that look like they were taken using a digital camera. Lapse features a “journal” where users can compile their high-definition photos. Praghna uses Lapse everyday and says, “I love this app because it gives me an excuse to take pictures to put in my journal in Lapse.”

Maya Segal: PicCollage

“A nice and simple way to create wallpapers” ~Maya

Maya is another new staff writer here at the Eagle’s Eye and she recommends readers download PicCollage. PicCollage, as the name implies, assists users in creating wallpaper-worthy, aesthetic collages. With the app, you choose specific photos and add text and more to your collage. An added bonus is that it’s free!

Nora Gillet: GoodReads

“I’m friends with Lucy Dacus from boygenius on GoodReads” ~Nora

After releasing her graphic on staff book recommendations, it is only natural for one of the halves of our graphic editors to recommend GoodReads. GoodReads is a forum-like reading app that allows users to see reading progress, book reviews, and recommendations from friends. It also allows readers of all levels to set reading goals/challenges to encourage everyone to read.

Elina Perera: Dadish

“A Mario Platformer turned radi(sh)cal” ~Elina

Elina, our other opinion editor, comes–as expected– with a unique recommendation of the mobile game, Dadish. Dadish is a story progression platformer in which you play as a single radish father, whose wife left him (but not divorced according to them), on a quest to find your 10 radish children scattered across the world. On your perilous adventures, you meet and conquer villains in the way of your heart-warming family reunions. Dadish includes three story games and one game that provides a daily Dadish level.

Ellie Maguire: Memes Soundboard 2023

“It’s great to use mid-conversation (especially during a roast session)” ~Ellie

A humorous personality, our other Executive Editor, Ellie introduces Memes Soundboard 2023. A ten-page grid of clickable meme sounds like the Roblox “oof.” Ellie recommends using Memes Soundboard 2023 mid-conversation for maximum humorous effect. This is especially true for roasting sessions as the app has a sound effect for all roasting purposes, the airhorn, bruh, and the vine boom to name a few.

Malone Bridgers: Poop Map

Favorite Post: “These logs could build a house” posted by Ace Medvetz

Staff writer Malone–along with various other members of the Eagle’s Eye–informs me about the poop rating app, Poop Map. Poop Map is an online forum app where users can make posts recording the time, place, and quality of their poops in real-time. If you haven’t heard of Poop Map, you’ll be surprised to know it has clogged many Enloe minds with their forum of over a thousand Enloe students on the app. While many do not, you may also add a picture and description to your post. Make sure to download and follow LoneOnTheThrone on Poop Map.