The Student News Site of Enloe Magnet High School

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Enloe Eagle's Eye

EnloeNow: Upcoming Charity Ball Fundraising Events

Charity Ball season is highly anticipated by students all over Enloe, and for good reason. It is an excuse to dress up and dance with your friends, but it also supports the Enloe and greater Raleigh community. The fundraising events leading up to the big night of Charity Ball are equally as anticipated, and with the kickoff of the infamous season, these events are right around the corner. 

The first of the season’s events are the annual “Enloe Classic” basketball tournament and “Trunk or Treat.” If you are interested in competing against your peers for prizes like free Cookout trays or tickets to Charity Ball, here is how you can get involved: 

The “Enloe Classic” will be taking place on October 20th in the East gym from 2:30 to 4:30! If you and your friends are interested in battling it out on the basketball court to win free Cookout trays, grab a team of four and pick one captain. Each participant is required to make a $5 donation to the Enloe Charity Ball Fund. Matches will be taking place within a half court, meaning four teams will be on the court at a time. If you want to cheer on your fellow eagles for a good cause, a $3 donation is required! Every student that participates contributes to the money raised for this year’s beneficiary, Neighbor 2 Neighbor. 

“Trunk or Treat” will be held on October 26 in the Senior parking lot. If you are “trunking” the festivities will begin at 4:00pm but you can start setting up your Halloween decorations as early as 3:30pm. A $5 donation per participant is required and only up to four people can be in each group. If you’re part of a club or organization, this is a perfect opportunity to promote yourself! Costumes are strongly encouraged. The stakes are high, with up to four free Charity Ball tickets awarded to the winners. Reserve your spot using Eventbrite! If you are interested in “treating” instead of “trunking” there is no required donation. 

View Comments (1)
About the Contributor
Chloe Yuastella
Chloe Yuastella, Features Editor
(She/her) Chloe is excited to be back for her second year in the Eagle's Eye! She loves reading autobiographies, drinking iced lattes, and listening to jazz. In her free time you can catch her spending time with family and friends, thrifting, or watching objectively bad movies.
Donate to Enloe Eagle's Eye

Your donation will support the student journalists of Enloe Magnet High School, allowing us to cover our annual website costs. We are extremely grateful for any contribution, big or small!