EnloeNow: Voting in the Primary Elections

The primaries for both presidential and state elections are being held tomorrow, March 5, 2024! Even if you aren’t 18 yet, you can still participate if you turn 18 by the time of the general election in November. Here’s a checklist of things to do if you intend to participate:

1. Be sure to know when and where your primary will take place. It’s important to double-check your location so that you don’t miss out on the opportunity to cast your vote. You can look up your closest polling place here.

1. Make sure that you’re registered! Check your registration status and ensure that your information is accurate and updated. To do this, you can either click this link or contact your local election office. 

1. Research the candidates! Know your options well so you can make an informed decision. Learn about their platforms, backgrounds, values, and experiences. Remember, your vote decides the future of the country. Take it seriously! You can find a rundown of the most prominent presidential candidates here. A sample ballot can also be found at the previously linked registration lookup.

1. Arrive early and expect lines. Heavy voter traffic is to be expected, especially during times of peak voting activity. Choose your time strategically and be patient with the process. 

1. Follow instructions carefully. Once inside the polling location, listen intently to the instructions provided by the workers present. Triple-check your ballot before you submit it to ensure that it’s filled out correctly. 

1. Encourage others to vote! Once you’ve done your part, be sure to spread the word and urge as many others to vote as possible. 

Happy voting!