EnloeNow: What You Need To Know About The 2024 ACT WorkKeys Exam

Starting this week, Enloe will be administering the ACT WorkKeys Exam for seniors who have taken CTE and/or CCP classes. Testing dates are Wednesday, Feb. 28, Thursday, Feb. 29, and Friday, March 1. Students tapped for the exam can find their testing room number and date within their student emails. 

Enloe seniors who have completed a CTE (Career and Technical Education) pathway, such as Sports Marketing I & II, or have taken a CCP class via Wake Tech are required to take the exam. The WorkKeys does not require payment and–don’t worry–this is not a version of the ACT standardized test typically taken by juniors, but a test simply administered by the ACT organization. 

The main point of WorkKeys is to give students a chance to earn their NCRC (National Career Readiness Certificate), which is recognized by over 3,400 employers in North Carolina. To earn your NCRC, you must achieve at least a level 3 score on each part of the WorkKeys. Students will not be penalized for substandard performance, meaning that studying (and stressing) about the exam is not advised. Test-taking seniors are simply expected to utilize the knowledge they have obtained in their four years of high school to do as best they can on the exam.

The test is split into sections and will take roughly three hours to complete. Make sure to arrive at the testing room at least a few minutes before 7:25 am on your testing day to make things easier for all involved. Your test administrators and peers will thank you. 

As for the senior exemption policy, students will not be marked as absent for the classes that they miss due to WorkKeys. 

For more information on testing, check your student email and visit the ACT WorkKeys site that is linked in the aforementioned message sent to your student emails.