The Student News Site of Enloe Magnet High School

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Enloe Theater’s Fall Production: Clue

Enloe Theaters Fall Production: Clue

Clue?

This week, Enloe Theatre is producing their rendition of the most performed high school play in America: Clue

The play is based on the movie Clue, a fast-paced comedy that leaves you on the edge of your seat. Six strangers are brought to a remote manor, where they work to figure out a murder mystery and discover how they may be more interconnected than they previously thought. 

Clue is a theater classic, but Enloe is adding a historical twist. After World War II, America’s upper class was fascinated by exotic artifacts brought back from war. The tech theater department took inspiration from Tiki culture to make historically accurate props and costumes.

The play takes unexpected twists and turns, so there’s never a dull moment. Attendees can expect to see raunchy comedy and heart racing scenes. 

Meet the Cast

This year, Enloe Theatre has some new faces on the block. The leading lad and lady are both performing their first lead roles at Enloe! 

Nick Sanchez is a fresh-faced 9th grader who is ecstatic to play Mr. Wadsworth, the leading man. He stressed the importance of the original 1985 film to him when it came to his performance. 

“I’ve tried to take inspiration from it because there’s always that part about adding your own personality to a character,” Sanchez said. 

Lizzie Snapp, who plays the leading lady, Ms. Scarlet, has been in the spring musical as a dancing role, but this is her first speaking role at Enloe. She said that one of the challenges of this role is being flexible. The original slapstick is full of physical comedy and innuendos, but Enloe’s production is keeping it PG-13. 

Snapp expressed her appreciation for the cast, whom she says have created a passionate community. Although coming to rehearsals everyday after school is a big commitment, she says that it is worth it.

“It’s relieving knowing after school I’m gonna be able to come here, do what I love best and be with the people who literally make the show complete for me,” Snapp said.

Behind the scenes, Carley Kilcrease keeps things running smoothly. As the head of props and the Motorist, she links the theater techs and the actors. She sees both sides of theater, and she says that makes her more grateful for both the on-stage actors and the technicians behind the scenes. Tech theater is often overlooked, but they control the lights, curtains, sets, and props that complete the atmosphere of the play. 

“Everybody comes together to make something incredible no matter where you come from, no matter who you are.” Sanchez said.  

How to Attend

There will be 4 showings of Clue from Nov. 8 through 11 in the Auditorium. Ticket prices are $10 for students and $12 for adults, available for purchase at this website. Enloe Theatre hopes to see you there!