The Student News Site of Enloe Magnet High School

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Enloe Eagle's Eye

EnloeNow: Enloe’s Newest Sports Team: Women’s Flag Football

This past fall, Carolina Panthers Charities granted Wake County $47,500 to launch flag football teams at various high schools. The pilot program was started in 2022 when the sports team partnered with Charlotte-Mecklenburg high schools. This year the team has reached out to Union, Cabarrus, and Wake County to further the creation of the Girls High School Flag Football League. 19 high schools in Wake County will be participating in this year’s season, including Enloe!

Through the grant, practice equipment, flags, Nike uniforms, and other needed supplies will be provided. Students who participate must bring their own cleats, a mouthpiece, and practice clothes.

Tryouts for the team will be held this upcoming Monday, Jan. 8. Practices will occur Monday through Friday, 2:45-4:15 PM. As this is a pilot season, there will only be three tournament-style games: Jan. 27, Feb. 3, and Feb. 10. To be eligible for tryouts, students must have a completed WCPSS athletic participation form, physical, and concussion form, with all documents uploaded to Dragonfly. Enloe has provided more information on how to create a Dragonfly account and what is required.

For any questions or concerns, please contact Coach Strickland ([email protected]). Enloe’s Athletic Director, Coach Womble ([email protected]), or Enloe’s Athletic Trainer, Coach Mooney ([email protected]).

For those interested, scan the code below to fill out a form of interest.