EnloeNow: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

The musical comedy The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee hits the Enloe stage this week, with performances from January 18th-20th at 7:00 pm. Admission is by donation, and the show is deemed unsuitable for young children. 

Unlike the rest of Enloe’s productions, this show did not have auditions open to the entire school, as the cast is exclusively composed of Actors Ensemble. But that isn’t the only aspect that makes Putnam Spelling Bee unique – the show will also feature audience incorporation. Volunteers will be chosen ahead of each performance, and mid-show, they will be called onstage to improv with the actors. The audience members involved will only be those who want to participate – don’t let fear of being called upon stop you from coming to the performance. 

Putnam Spelling Bee is a story of self-discovery, and it centers around a group of kids with different backgrounds and obstacles coming together for their county spelling bee. As the bee progresses, the characters change within themselves and realize that the competition doesn’t have to become their entire life. 

The musical is sure to be highly entertaining and leave audience members laughing. Regardless of spelling ability, make sure to support Enloe Actors Ensemble and enjoy The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee this coming weekend.