The Student News Site of Enloe Magnet High School

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Enloe Eagle's Eye

Senior Spotlight: Audrey Weaver

Senior Spotlight: Audrey Weaver

In a world full of people who do things with no rhyme or reason, you’d be hard pressed to find someone more motivated than Audrey Weaver. Passion seeps into everything they do, whether it’s outspoken advocacy for justice, or quiet, intimate relationships with others. So abundant is Audrey’s love for everything around them, whether it be cooking, plushies, or music, you can’t help but feel it yourself.

When you first meet Audrey, it won’t take long for you to pick up on some of their favorite things. They’ve amassed a squishmellow collection that could rival any zoo; a collection of just about every creature imaginable and then some. There are also a number of music artists (many of whom K-Pop) that Audrey can be considered a fan of, but SHINee and Lady Gaga take the cake, while Jonghyun’s She Is is their favorite album.

However, if you ask Audrey what their favorite thing is, you certainly wouldn’t hear about any music or inanimate objects. Audrey and their mom have a bond like no other. Batman and Robin, Spongebob and Patrick, and certain C&C teachers have nothing on their dynamic duo. The two are basically inseparable and do just about everything together, from experimenting with new and exciting recipes to discussing the state of their lives. Their relationship is so strong that it seems to transcend the limits of what a parent-child relationship can be. Simply hearing Audrey talk about their mom is a transformative experience.

The pair is most often found in the kitchen, cooking a new dish that will eventually end up taunting the followers of Audrey’s Instagram account. Their culinary adventures have led them to recreate dishes from all over the world, or at least try their best. Among Audrey’s personal favorites is Kimchi Fried Rice, the recipe for which they graciously published on the Eagle’s Eye website.

For those of you trying to bake your own Audrey at home, here’s a quick and easy-to-follow recipe: 

Ingredients:

• 3 parts passion
  • 1 quart of music (preferably K-pop, but Lady Gaga is a substitute)
  • 2 teaspoons of squishmellow 
  • 1 stick of writing

Instructions: 

Place the stick of writing into a pan and cook until creative writing. It will be done when you notice the incredible prose. Place creative writing and rest of ingredients into a bowl and mix well for 8-10 minutes. Let sit for 1 hour, then enjoy!

In class, Audrey has made a big name for themselves as the Eagle’s Eye’s creative writing editor. In their two years on staff, they’ve written 24 articles, covering topics ranging from historical highlights to features on the one-of-a-kind Alex Dick. Of course, their most popular work is their creative writing, which is instantly recognizable for its natural diction and understandable flow. Preferring prose over traditional poetry, Audrey’s work includes “Sandy Roads,” “A Deep Ocean,” and their Coffee Shop series. 

When they’re not writing for the Eagle’s Eye or cooking with their mom, Audrey is often found hanging out with friends.  “We had C&C together in 10th grade, and then became really close because of our shared interests last year,” said Hannah.  When they aren’t going to concerts or grinding through APES assignments together, Audrey’s friends can usually look to them for something to do. “[My] favorite thing about Audrey is their passion,” says Logan Dreifuss. “Anything they pursue, be it newspaper, kpop, history, etc, they dive in completely.”

Next year, Audrey will be taking their passion to Appalachian State University, where they plan to study Cellular Biology. App State can count their lucky stars for somehow managing to find someone as motivated, talented and incredible as Audrey.

To Audrey, we know that you’re going to make a big difference in the world some day, and we can’t wait to see it happen. Just keep being yourself, and everyone will be as fortunate as we’ve been to know you.