Enloe Student’s Music Organization Hosts Inaugural Fundraiser Performance

On Feb. 19, Chamber Pops is hosting a pop arrangement fundraiser performance at the Rialto at 7 p.m. 

Davis Baker, an Enloe freshman, started Chamber Pops this past May along with his friend Avery Edwards, a freshman at Millbrook. It began as an opportunity for musicians to perform pop music arrangements. 

“[We] don’t usually see chamber ensembles playing popular music—[they usually play] things like Mozart […],” says Baker. 

The organization hopes to have annual performances at the Rialto consisting of Chamber Ensemble groups from different schools performing popular songs. “Bad Romance” by Lady Gaga and “Here Comes The Sun” by the Beatles are two of many pieces being performed this year. 

Groups of high school and middle school students were encouraged to sign up to perform at the Rialto. Those interested in performing were required to submit an audio recording at the link on their website before Feb. 1. Groups interested in participating in the future must go to chamberpops.com to fill out an interest form. 

To support Chamber Pops, buy some tickets! Tickets are available for $10 up until Feb. 18. Tickets will also be sold at the door for $15 on the day of the event. To find tickets, go to chamberpops.com/tickets. You will be redirected to the Rialto’s ticket purchasing page. 

“We’re trying to sell as many tickets as possible because it’s for charity,” says Baker. 

A portion of the proceeds from the concert will go to the Raleigh Music Collective. The non-profit is dedicated to providing musical instruments and lessons to children in the Raleigh area. Their goal is to encourage creativity and collaboration to children who may not be able to afford private lessons otherwise. 

Come out to support young musicians on Feb. 19 at the Rialto and support a good cause!

“Hopefully, it’ll turn into an annual thing,” says Baker. 

Visit their Instagram: @chamberpops

Visit their website: chamberpops.com

Email them: [email protected]

Learn more about the Raleigh Music Collective: https://www.theraleighmusiccollective.org/