EnloeNow: Enloe’s Dance Department Takes on New York City

Enloe’s Dance Department recently took a four-day field trip to New York City, where they had the privilege of experiencing the city’s famous dance classes and tourist attractions. They visited the Whitney Museum and the iconic Empire State Building while participating in dance classes every day. Here’s a quick summary of their trip!

Day one: The group took an early 6:00 a.m., flight to New York City and arrived at 7:30 a.m. They were greeted by their tour guide, Matt, who took them to Central Park. The group walked about ¾ of a mile through the famous park and stopped at notable attractions such as the Imagine Mosaic and the Bethesda Fountain. Next, they went to Chelsea Market for lunch and then to their hotel where they were given free time to explore Times Square. Later, they had dinner at Chipotle and settled in for the night.

Day two: After breakfast, the group headed to the subway to visit the Museum of Broadway. They spent a few hours there before taking the subway to Alvin Ailey for an African Dance masterclass. Then, they rushed across the city to Broadway Dance Center for another masterclass. After a quick change and dinner, they went to see MJ the Musical.

Day three: They started the day with breakfast at a cute diner, then headed back to the subway to attend a Broadway workshop taught by two of the understudies from MJ the Musical. The group then split up, with some taking another optional masterclass and others visiting the Whitney Museum. They rejoined together to watch a 75-minute performance titled Compagnie by a modern dance group from France.

Day four: The group had breakfast at the hotel café, then loaded all their luggage onto the tour bus and said goodbye to Matt. They had about an hour and a half to tour the Empire State Building before heading to the airport. After a quick lunch at the airport, they boarded their flight and headed home.